1. Why do people have an auction? fast,effective and convenient method of converting your property & possessions into cash
- buyer competition brings the highest possible prices for fair market value
- great way to downsize for moving purposes
- disperse collectibles if no longer collecting
- equitable way to settle and document an estate
- death in the family
- settlement for heirs
2. Why do people sell antiques at auction?
- Fair market value is the dollar amount that someone is willing to pay for something…. So why not have competitive bidding determine the fair market value instead of asking one person’s opinion on what something is worth.
3. What are the benefits of selling Real Estate at Auction?
- The auction method of selling a house has many advantages. Selling a home or property at auction can quickly liquidate your assists. As a client, your property can be sold quickly and efficiently,therefore saving money on costs such as interest, real estate taxes,and maintenance. Quite often it can take months even years to sell your home when listing with a real estate company. By going to auction your home or property could be sold in less than 5 weeks!
4. What types of items are sold at auction?
Virtually anything and everything! We sell a wide variety of personally property including:
- Fine art
- Fire Arms
- Real Estate
5. Who attends auctions?
- A wide variety of people ranging from dealers, collectors,family members and those people looking for something unique. Everyone has a special treasure they are looking for or a certain collectible they want to find to cherish. There are even people who make a living by going to auctions.
6. Why does the auctioneer have to speak so quickly?
- We sell approximately 90 to 110 items per hour so we have to speak quickly. Time is money for the seller!
7. What is an absolute auction?
- An absolute auction means that the item will be sold to the highest bidder regardless of the price when the hammer goes down.
8. What is a reserve auction?
- A reserve auction has an amount that the seller has to get for the item before it can actually be sold.
9. What do you charge to conduct an auction on my property?
- Because each auction is unique, many factors are taken into consideration before we can actually quote a price. There may be additional charges for advertising, labor, port-a-potty rental, dumpster rental, etc. Give us a call and we will discuss the best possible option for you.
10. What if I only have a few items to sell?
- If you only have a few items that you actually want to take to auction, we will take your items on consignment. That means we will sell them at one of our consignment auctions where we have many consignors or people that have a few items and conduct a large auction.Or, if you prefer and a situation arises where you have to immediately move items quickly and you cannot wait for the auction set-up, we may purchase the entire contents of a house or business rather than conduct an auction.
11. How long does it take to set up an estate auction?
- Anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. We really try to accommodate the time frame that you have in mind,but we do not want to jeopardize your sale by trying to pull it off too quickly without adequate advertising. Once again,call us and we will set up a meeting to get the process started.